The Man at the Counter from Brian McAllister on Vimeo.
A story about life, love, and sugar packets.
Starring: Ian Hyland, Bill McHugh and Tom Everett Scott Director: Brian McAllister Screenplay by: Rebecca Sue Haber Producer: Robert Cammisa Director of Photography: Dennis Donovan Music: Jarkko Hietanen Executive Producer: Jim Mayzik
An account of the first days of shooting this film, illustrated with production stills, is available at:
philhaber.com/2011/09/11/the-making-of-the-man-at-the-counter-%E2%80%93-part-i/
and
philhaber.com/2011/09/21/the-making-of-the-man-at-the-counter-part-ii/
FILM QUESTION // PROMPT
PLEASE FOLLOWING THE LINKS ABOVE TO THE BEHIND THE SCENES PAGE OF THE FILM YOU JUST WATCHED. PLEASE PROVIDE A BLOG ENTRY REGARDING YOUR OVERALL OPINION OF THE FILM AS WELL AS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE MAKING OF THE MOVIE. RESPOND BY WRITING SEVERAL SENTENCES AND USING YOUR ACCOUNTABLE TALK TERMS:
The films behind the scene was a great experience from what i have read. The set way they had the surrounding area was great for the way the use it to there advantage. I loved how they use the camera and made it look like it was from his mind or a bird eye view. I give the behind the scene 8 out of 10 sweet packets.
ReplyDeleteOn the behind the scenes it says oh the film was made, where it was made, when it was made. Also if you didn't fully understand the film reading the behind the scenes could have helped you understand it more. When I read the behind the scenes I understood the film more.
ReplyDeleteWell before I read about the behind the scenes, I enjoyed this film. I already understood the message before the main character explained it as he was proposing to his wife. I also found this film really sweet. As I was reading behind the scenes, I've saw how the directors, producers, and actors were really serious about this film. The way they wanted certain things to be a specific way. For example; On one of the pictures it showed a Director telling the main character how there was a specific way and direction were he had to ride the bike to the coffee shop. I rate this film 5 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed it and think others would too.
ReplyDeleteWell overall I think this was a okay film. I think the ending could have been improved. Overall, I like how the characters played their role I think they did a great job. I give this film a 3 out of 5 stars because I did not like the ending.
ReplyDeleteI really did love this film. In the beginning they were like stalling to show his face. Which I thought was very important to keep the mystery going as of to why he was taking so many sugar packet. I loved the whole point that he told the story and was using the ring to present the sugar to her and it was sort of irrelevant towards the sugar story. The thing I loved the most was the script that it was being narrated by the main character. I would rate this film a 5 out of 5.
ReplyDeleteThe behind the scenes picture I think really didn't tell me anything I was just looking at a bunch of pictures from behind the scenes.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed listening to the story "The Man Behind the Counter" told to his beloved wife when he wanted to propose. I think the man told his wife this story "from a salty summer ago" to say the ring was his "something sweet" from him to her. Since there is no question to answer today i'm going to go ahead and give my rating on the short film "The Man Behind The Counter" from Brian McAllister. This was the only good short film I have seen in class in awhile at 4/5 stars.
ReplyDeleteThe behind the scenes pictures was really interesting . It showed how they caught the boy on the bike and it was cool . I also like how the old man in the film was acting . He did a excellent job . I like how he was dressed too . I find the film cute because the old man was taking the sugars to help his wife out . I also found it nice how at the end of the film the man proposed to his wife . The only thing that i didnt get was why the man told his wife that story . Other than that i rate this film a 10 out of 10 because i really liked it and i will recommend this film to anyone .
ReplyDeletethe film "the man at the corner" is a short film based on a young man proposing to his girlfriend by telling her story about a old man that came to his coffee shop when he was 16 that would order the same thing every day a plain coffee and he wuld leave a tip and in his way out he would take a few sugar packs and put them in his pocket for his wife ......
ReplyDeleteI think this film was a good film.I think its actually the best film i ever seen so far in this classroom.I like this film i think it is great.I like how the man tells the story about when he was 16 and how an old man would come in the shop almost everyday to pick up coffee and steal some sugar.It kinda makes me think why would anyone want to steal sugar from a coffee shop.But when the old man had said it was for his wife who was about to die and she would like to have something sweet. I think the old man was a good person with a good heart.His wife had died and 2 weeks later he dies to.The 16 year old boy was just sad.He wanted a relationship of his own witch made him want to prepose in the future , I was starting to think abut the high blood presure and how it was just sad.The behind the scene pictures were cool it shows alot about how they put the film together. This film had good details and parts to describe the film. Thanks for reading :D
ReplyDeletei think tis movie was great the lighting,visuals,acting were amazing. the plot was written to perfection and the ending was confusing at first but then i understood why he said it and it was so romantic. The pictures on there site were good to. So I give this film a 5 out of 5.
ReplyDeleteThis film was outstanding! My rating for the film was 10/10. The film had a great plot.It was about a man who was telling a story about an old man who takes sugar packets to help his ill wife. The old man buys plain coffee and leaves a tip before taking the sugar packets. The man who works at the coffee shop confronts the old man and thats when the old man tells the man that works at the coffee shop that it;s for his ill wife. I won't give any more spoilers but it still was a great film! The camera was High Def and the dialogue went great with the story.
ReplyDeleteI really loved this film.The plot was great,it kept me on my seat.The acting was AMAZING , my favorite character was the old man he did so good.This movie made me sad beacause I hate when old people die,but i loved how they put and set up everything.The story telling made it more intreging.I give this movie 5 out of 5 stars.
ReplyDeleteFrom what I have read on the behind the scenes, it seems like an amazing experience. The film has an intriguing and sentimental message. I enjoyed reading about the 'behind the scenes' of the film and I enjoyed watching it. This is a film to remember.
ReplyDeleteThis film was excellent! Everything about this film was amazing! From the plot to the panning of the camera. I really liked how it started and also ended. This film was about a young man who works at a coffee shop shop and meets an old man who comes there every day. Every time the old man comes to the store, hen buys 1 cup of coffee, leaves a tip and on the way out takes with him some sugar packets. Towards the end of the film we find out that the old man and his wife passed away. Its ends with the young man, now an adult, proposing to a woman. I give this film 5 stars out of 5. This film is definenty worth watching.
ReplyDeleteI Thought This Movie Was A Great Movie For People Who Like Good Movies. I Would Rate This Movie 5-10 Stars Because It Was A Masterpeice.
ReplyDeleteI loved this film... I loved the scenematography. The place was beautiful and perfect for the film. I loved the actors, they looked real and always on point. I also enjoyed the plot of this film. Loved the fact of using three similar actors as the main characters.
ReplyDeleteI like the film and i did understand it all of it it is a really good film about love but it was also really sad when Grimes died and the young boy read it on the news he feel really bad and also the place and graphic were awesome and also the colors i will give this film a 10 out of 10 because it sound like a true story
ReplyDelete