Friday, April 5, 2013

Soundview Academy Film Festival 2012 - THE ART OF CONCEPTUALIZING

The Massage

THE MESSAGE 704 - FINAL - H.264 from Soundview Academy on Vimeo.



Nicole

NICOLE 705 - FINAL - H.264 from Soundview Academy on Vimeo.



Hoop Day Dreams

HOOP DAY DREAMS - FINAL - H.264 from Soundview Academy on Vimeo.



James Bond

James Bond 805 - FINAL - H.264 from Soundview Academy on Vimeo.



The Favor

The Favor [short film] from Soundview Academy on Vimeo.



Faded

Faded [short film] from Soundview Academy on Vimeo.



Los Copiones

"Los Copiones" from Soundview Academy on Vimeo.



Message from Mr. Lopez

All of the films produced last year that were showcased at the 2012 Soundview Academy Film Festival underwent a rigorous process of brainstorming and conceptualization before anything was put into screenplay form. Students from each class that participated shared their ideas about what stories and themes to potentially explore for a short film, keeping in mind the logistical parameters that were in place as well as the audience intended. After a several week process of determining what ideas to focus on, students began writing their screenplays. In the end, the best ideas that were initially discussed in class during our brainstorming phase were visually represented on the big screen.

Here is a great Brainstorming Prezi that can help you come up with some ideas about your film:



INSTRUCTIONS FOR WEEKEND:

1. Please provide a short critique about ONE of the films above. Provide some insight as to what you liked about the film and what you thought needed improvement, keeping in mind what the theme and concept of the film was. Do you think that the film's concept was original? Do you believe that the filmmakers understood who their audience was? Did the students use their setting affectively? Finally, rate the film accordingly.

29 comments:

  1. This is my film talk on the short film Los Copiones it was a great film but had some problems. The teacher had not notice some pretty obvious things. Then also no one would rip up there own test just to get someones attention. Ever way it was a good short film and i really enjoy watching and doing it.
    Bye and HOPLAAAAAAAAA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reviewing the film Hoop Day Dreams I thought it needed no improvement. I like the theme of the film and I think they understood who there audience was gonna be. I think it wasn't the most original film but it still was a great film. I give this film a 5 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This film review will be on the film "Los Copiones" i did not enjoy watching this film. That is because the first time i watched it i already thought that it was a little boring. but the second time i watched i noticed a whole bunch of things that they needed to fix. Like for example who rips a part of their test and throws it. Second in one part when the camera was focused on the main character the kid in the back is just staring at him even though he is supossed to be taking a test. Lastly why does the teacher sound so robotic and how did he memorize the students parents hone number.

      Delete
    2. what i liked about the film " hoop day dreams " is that the film showed a great source of imagination. The film also shows that the actor was daydreaming about what he thinks about all the time. The one thing that the director could have worked on a little more was when one of the had on two different shirts. " hoop day dreams " was my favorite Film And i really It .

      Delete
  3. I am reviewing the film, "Los Copiones". Although the other films had good storylines, this film was the most complete out of all of them. It had a beginning, middle and end. The film's concept was original to me because I have never seen a film like this in the mainstream of big-time films today. I believe that the filmmakers understood who their their audience was, somewhat. I say this because I feel like they were only speaking to the Hispanic community, showing that they are capable of making such a film. They did use their setting affectively and I loved the way the film ended. I rate this film a 10 out of 10 stars. If you haven't seen it, watch and enjoy.( This review is brought to you by Samara McLendon of 802.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be doing my film review on the film Hoop Day Dreams. In my opinion I think this short film was great something that I really enjoyed was the music, although I do think it needs some improvement. When the two short kids bumped into each other I think they should've done better on that. I think this film was an original. I also think that they new who their audience was they did something that will be interesting to kids. Their setting affectively. I would rate this film a 4.8 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reviewing the film Hoop Day Dreams. This film is full of fun. I really enjoyed the comical aspect of this film. Since I love comedy, this film really stuck in my head. I also enjoyed how everyone was involved in the film and had fun doing it. Overall I give this film 5 stars out of 5. I would recomend this film to everyone. This film is worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like "LOS COPIONES" because is a great film and they showing that the can do everything i love it.Ever way it was a VERY GOOD short film and i really enjoy watching this short film love it GREAT FILM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reviewing the film Nicole. I am reviewing this film because I think they did I great job but I think they have a little problem changeing actros but I gat to reconize that I really enjoy this short film.

    ReplyDelete
  8. R.I.P Roger Ebert, one of the greatest film critics of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am reviewing the film faded i feel that this film was a bit confusing. On the other hand if you understand it and payattettion the short film will make sense. This film "faded" was about a boy who has gotten in a car accident and he believes he is still alive. I rate this a 4 out of 5 stars. You should watch this film!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. On the film called 'Hoops Day dreams' I really enjoyed the comedy and the thought of the film. And I loved the background music it basically gave the film what it needed! I give this film two thumbs up, 5 out of 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am reviewing the film the favor ! I thought it needed no improvement.The actors and the director had a great imagination,for example when they switched bodies it made the film more captivating!! and made the people want to keep watching.the film as perfect the way it is and the actors did a phenomenal job i give this short film 5 out of 5

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am reviewing the film The Favor. I think it was a great film. Some parts of the acting could of been better like when dali dropped the book it looked really fake and the outfits changing. Other then that i really enjoyed this film.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Movie Im Critiquing Is Faded. This Is A Wondiful Short Film Made By Class 803. If you had watch the movie, you would say it had a great morale and also a great plot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am reviewing james bond by 805. i think that the film needed way more improvement. It was confusing and i didn't understand what the message of the film was. i wasn't sure what was happening. i did like the fact that the actors were in character ever though i wasn't comprehending.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite film that competed in the Film Festival last year was "Hoop Day Dreams". Out of all the films that I watched, this was the only film that really caught my attention. It was funny and unique. I think this film should have won.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am doing a film review on Hoop Day Dreams. I loved this film and think this should of won the Film Festival. It was interesting and it was actually very good. I give this film 5 out of 5 stars. I loved it <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reviewing the short film "The Favor". My opinion on this film was that it was good but their was one problem. The problem was the main characters acting. Her acting did not seem as real or she didn't effort into her acting like she was scared to act out her character which mean seems to be a little naive because she's scared to act as a character she volunteered to be. But other than that problem I think that the film was great. I really loved how they setup the scene when the girl talks with an old friend. I completely understood everything that was happening. So for me the storyboard was amazing it was the acting. I would rate this film a 3 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The movie James Bond was a ok movie overall i think it was the one with less feed back. I enjoyed the film overall the acting was ok. at first i was confused but at the end it all came together, at the end i mean when mr.lopez explained it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am reviewing "hoop day dreams" the film was very exciting and intersting and exciting , i did not like how some of the shots where shot , the music went great with the film and it really caught my eye i think that "hoop day dreams" should have one the best film award not los copiones

    ReplyDelete
  20. The film that I am reviewing is Hoop Day Dreams. I thought the film was very funny and entertaining. I thought the acting was really good. I mostly enjoyed the different angles that the film was shot. The music was excellent and went great with the story. I would rate this film 5 out of 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The short film i like was hoop day dream i think they did ok with the film the colors were good the
    story line they could of did better my rate is 5 out of 10

    ReplyDelete
  22. In 805's short film "James Bond" a man runs into soundview academy through the main entrance with a black bag full of singles. One improvement that could have been made was the amount of money in the bag, who robs a bank for singles and then drops all of it on a stairwell? The writers could have made the storyline a little more clear (it was very confusing). I can't say I enjoyed anything about this film, it wasn't very original either. I rate this film 3/10 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am reviewing the film, Hoop Day Dreams because i like the theme and plus i play basketball. I think that this film is type funny. I like how it started off a one on one game and it ended a two verse everybody game. I give this film a 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  24. the film Hoop Day Dreams was one of the best films i ever saw even though there was no dialog the cast was amazing and the setting was great i would give this film 1000/1000

    ReplyDelete
  25. the film hoop day dreams was the one of the best film because its funny tho

    ReplyDelete
  26. all them was my favorite because none of them was bad

    ReplyDelete
  27. la pelicula los copiones fue muy emocionante aparte de contar con momentos graciosos pero lo que mas me gusto es que la chica arriesga todo por el y no le importa lo que diga el profesor por ayudarlo a el eso muestra que ella tiene sentimientos asi a el muy grandes ademas al final el ba a decir la verdad sobre lo que paso eso hace que sea una pelicula emocionante y romantica. ademas me encanta las grabaciones.. yo le doy 10 de 10.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure your comment includes accountable talk sentence starters! Your comment will be sent to Mr. Freelon to be approved.

Keep up the talk!